Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pumpkin Stuffed French Toast

Fall is here! This weekend was beautiful in Chicago. Afternoon temps in the low 70's and the evenings chilly enough to wear a sweatshirt and be comfortable. I LOVED it!

Fall is my favorite time of year (aside from Christmas). I love the cool temps, gorgeous fall colors, wearing sweaters and the food- pumpkin lattes, pumpkin crisp, crock pot stews, etc. I was in the mood for some stuffed french toast this morning and it was awesome! I've never made pumpkin stuffed french toast, so I modified my blueberry french toast by adding a little brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.

This makes four pieces, but since it was just me, I only made two and used the remaining batter for regular pumpkin french toast for the girls. It was wonderful...Hope you enjoy it!


Pumpkin Stuffed French Toast

4 one inch slices french bread

filling:
4oz low fat cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

batter:
2 eggs
1/4 c milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 C pumpkin
dusting of cinnamon

Preheat griddle to 375 degrees.

Slice half way through each piece of french bread.

Combine all filling ingredients. Spread 1/4 of mixture inside the bread.











Whisk together all batter ingredients, except the cinnamon. Sprinkle the cinnamon on top before dipping each piece of bread.










Soak the bread in batter and place on griddle. Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes.












When on the second side, place a large pan lid over the bread to help cook through.













Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!

What is your favorite pumpkin dish?








2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...