Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pecan Pancakes- Perfect for fall!

We've been experiencing fall-like weather here in Chicago, which has been a welcome change to the scorching summer we've had that started in March. Even the leaves have begun to fall! These cool mornings have me dreaming of pumpkin farms, Halloween decorations and sweaters. In celebration of this, I made pecan pancakes this morning- which is one of my favorite fall comfort foods.

I crave Cracker Barrel's pecan pancakes. They are so delicious that I won't order them at any other restaurant because I know I'd just be disappointed. A few years ago, I started to try and duplicate the recipe and I think I've come pretty close. I do use a "just add water" pancake mix, which makes them quick and easy to make.

These were amazingly good this morning, and not at all healthy...so, sorry my fellow weight watchers, but they're worth it!

Pecan Pancakes

3 Cups "just add water" pancake mix
1 3/4 C water
1/2 C milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 C white sugar
1/4 C brown sugar
1/3 C chopped pecans...more depending on your tastes

Preheat griddle to 375. Mix everything together.  Pour onto griddle. When bubbles start to rise and the sides are solid, flip. Remove from griddle and enjoy!!!

What's your favorite fall comfort food?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...