Thursday, July 19, 2012

Lemon Blueberry Streusel Muffin Tops

When I was in college, Clinton used to beg me to make him struesel muffins from a box that was sold at my local Walmart. They were really good. Lately, I've been craving these muffins, so I decided to try to replicate it. These are great! I adapted the recipe from Barbara Bakes.

Lemon Blueberry Streusel Muffin Tops

2 Cups Flour + 1 tbsp divided
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C butter
1 C Sugar + 4 tbsp divided
2 Large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 C milk
2 C blueberries
juice from one lemon
1 tbsp lemon zest
2tsp veg oil

Heat oven to 350.

Prepare streusel in a small bowl by mixing 1 tbsp flour, 4 tbsp sugar and 2 tsp vegetable oil. Set aside.

Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and milk. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add lemon zest and juice. Fold in blueberries.

Pour into greased muffin top pans. Sprinkle with streusel. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
This is my fav muffin to date...What's your favorite breakfast muffin?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...