Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hot Pepper and Cheese Stuffed Burger

It's been 70 degrees here all week in Chicago, which has given me the grilling bug.  Clinton exchanged our propane tank the other day and now we're set to grill as long as the weather stays nice...although, it is Chicago and I still expect another snow storm. As much as it has been nice not to scrape windows this winter, I've missed the snow...so I'm secretly hoping for one more snow day. (Fellow Chicagoans- I take no responsibility if my predictions are accurate) :)

Anyway, I digress... I love coming up with new burger recipes. Most of them are inspired from the travel channel's food shows... and they are tasty.  So, here is my first burger recipe of the season- with hopefully lots more to come!



Hot Pepper & Cheese Stuffed Burgers

1 Lb lean ground beef
1 beaten egg
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 C bread crumbs
1/4 C finely chopped onion
2 Tbsp Hot Giardiniera- finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
4 pieces American Cheese


 Mix all ingredients, except cheese until well combined. Make 8 patties.



Fold cheese in quarters and place all four quarters, stacked, in the center of four of the patties.












Place an empty patty on top of the patty with cheese and seal all the way around.














Press together in the center of your palms to make sure the burger is stable.


Refrigerate for 30 minutes.









Place patties on a preheated grill for desired cooking time. Since patties are thick, grilling on low heat for a longer time is better if you like your burgers cooked all the way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...