Thursday, February 9, 2012

Dinosaur/ Mohawk Hoodie

I saw this idea on Pinterest before Christmas and I instantly knew what all my little nephews were getting from me. These little dino hoodies are adorable and very easy to make.  I made a Mohawk hoodie for my 7 year old stepson because he loved them, but I thought he was a little old to be a dinosaur.  Over a month later and Logan still tells me it was his favorite Christmas present.  Best part about this, was that it cost me about $7 and only 30 minutes of my time for some really great presents.


What you'll need...
Hoodie
1/4 yard of fleece
Rotary Cutter
Ruler
Sewing Machine
Coordinating Thread
Straight Pins

Cut an 8 inch strip of fleece. Fold in half and cut triangles on the fold so you have diamond shapes. I cut the fleece in Three and a half inch triangles using a ruler, cutting mat and rotary cutter.






















Pin the diamonds down the center of the hoodie so the the center of the diamonds are going down the center of the hoodie. Sew down the center of the diamonds and all along the back of the hoodie.

Once diamonds are sewn to the hoodie, fold in half so that the spike sticks up. Using a zig zag stitch, sew each spike together, back-stitching at the beginning and end of each spike.

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...