Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Easy Crockpot Chilli

Whenever I make chili for a family gathering, I'm always asked for the recipe.  In fact, my dad has told my mom to get it from me and I used hers!-with a few minor adjustments.

I like my chili simple, beans, tomatoes and beef. I know people get crazy over their chili recipes by adding roasted peppers, three types of meats, soaking beans over night, etc. Not me, this is simple, but its great. In the fall, if I have some tomatoes or peppers from my garden, I will add them to the chili, but for the most part, everything comes from cans. This recipe makes a lot of chili. I like to have leftovers for lunch and after a few days, I'll put it in the freezer for later. I like my chili spicy, so adjust the heat to your liking.


Easy Crockpot Chili
1lb ground beef
1 Sweet onion
3 large cans hot chili beans
3 15oz cans chili ready tomatoes
1 15oz can tomato sauce
2 packets hot seasoning

Brown ground beef. Add chopped onion once beef is brown and cook until onion is translucent. Transfer to slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker and stir until combined. Cook on low for 9-10 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...